Camp Grants are closed. Any requests for a camp grant submitted after 4/11/2019 will not be processed. Thank you for participating in this program and we look forward to offering you more camp grants next year.
If you have already received approval for a camp grant please make sure the camp you are working with invoices ASBC. ASBC will only pay camps and only pay the amount on the invoice regardless of the amount approved for the grant.
The Jack Ferrigno Camp Grants were created in memory of, Jack Ferrigno, a young boy with autism who thought in colors and brightened the lives of those around him. Jack’s parents, John Ferrigno and Kelly Straub, joined Brett Smith, The Post Brewing Company’s head chef and partner, to help other kids with autism access recreational camp opportunities. Kelly and John were so thankful for the camps that Jack attended and for the confidence and joy that those experiences gave him. Five years ago, Brett Smith approached ASBC with the idea of a camp grant program funded by an annual fundraiser to celebrate the life of Jack Ferrigno. He envisioned a camp grant program that would help families affected by autism gain access to recreational and therapeutic opportunities that might expand social skills and build confidence while most importantly having fun. From that vision, ASBC created the Jack Ferrigno Send a Kid to Camp Program. With the money raised, we have funded bike-riding clinics, skateboarding clinics, ski/ snowboard lessons, a rafting/camping trip and much more.
The Jack Ferrigno Send a Kid to Camp Scholarship 2018 Guidelines:
- Application open Dec 18, 2017- June 15, 2018 or until funds are depleted.
- Families will be notified of approval 3 weeks after application submission. ASBC will not expedite approval process for camps that begin within the 3 week window.
- Recipients will request invoice is sent from camp to ASBC for funds. Mail invoices to 1877 Broadway, Suite 100, Boulder, CO 80302 or email to email@example.com. ASBC will not contact camp providers for invoices. It is the camp recipients’ responsibility to communicate with the camp providers. ASBC is responsible for paying the invoice.
- Checks will be sent upon receipt of invoice from provider. Please have provider reference scholarship #, amount of grant, name of camper and dates of camp on the invoice sent to ASBC. The amount approved and camp grant reference # will be included in your approval email. Failure to include any of this information may delay payment.
- Invoices will be paid during the week they are received. Do not call to expedite payment to meet an enrollment deadline or to hold your spot. It is your responsibility to apply in time or communicate with your provider to meet their deadlines and to have the invoice sent to us with enough time for us to process payment.
- If you would like to change camps, you must start the application process from the beginning.
- No checks sent before Jan 1, 2018
- One scholarship per individual for one provider up to $500 (no exceptions)
- Submit online application from ASBC website http://www.autismboulder.org/asbc-grants/send-a-kid-to-camp-scholarships
- ASBC must be the recipient of ANY partial or full refund
- ASBC has permission to contact camps and verify attendance
- Funds may be used for recreational activities provided in 2018 – call ASBC at 720-272-8231 if you have questions about types of requests that will be approved.
- Expenses for family members or travel will not be approved.
- Recipients must live in Boulder or Broomfield counties and/or attend school in BVSD, SVVSD or Boulder/Broomfield counties
- Recipients must have an ASD diagnosis
- Recipients may submit pictures and testimonials to be used in ASBC promotional materials including Facebook, website, display materials at fundraisers
If recipients fail to comply with these guidelines, future applications may be denied. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Camp Grants Will Open in December of 2018